Saturday, September 11, 2010

Tonight I had my netball presentation, knowing there would be a shitload of food I drank a heap of water, and got only broccoli and a piece of ham for dinner. Then dessert came :( me= failure.
But before dessert I purged and whilst purging I heard someone come into the bathroom. I pretended to cough and sat on the toilet seat...To my dismay I heard a girl retching in the cubicle next to me. I sat still with shivers down my spine, was this someone like me?

I flushed the toilet and washed my hands quickly to try avoid her face, a young girl who must of only been 15 came out- watery eyed, pale, and frail.

When i got back to my seat I realised this girl was on the table opposite me, I carefully watched her for the rest of the night and came to the conclusion she suffered from Bulimia, she ate and disappeared several times, and each time I saw her return from the toilet- watery eyed.

It broke me a little inside, this beautiful young girl, so skinny and pretty was doing this to herself.
I promise I'm not a hypocrite, I don't know what came over me but I walked over to the girl's parents ( I saw her talking to them-so figured they were her parents) and asked them if the girl with the floral skirt was their daughter. Her father replied "yes, that's my daughter Anabelle" I asked him if I could talk to him privately. I explained to him I had heard her vomit repeatedly and he confided that he is aware that she has a disorder and was I 100% sure that it was definitely her vomiting. By the end of the conversation I was shaking- I felt guilty, proud, like a traitor. The very thing I was doing was right for me but not for someone else. I guess I just didn't want her to go through what I do.

Nikki

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. i'd say that was a really brave thing that you did. I might not have had the guts to do it, but I think one day that girl will appreciate what you did for her. I know I would.

    Perdita, xo

    ReplyDelete